Woman who accused Premier League footballer of rape has been bombarded with abuse since case was dropped, police say 

dailymail.co.uk [1] 0 تعليق 0 ارسل طباعة تبليغ حذف

Woman who accused Premier League footballer of rape has been bombarded with abuse since case was dropped, police say

  • Barnet Police said in a statement on Twitter that it was 'alarmed' woman targeted
  • Added that any abuse, online or otherwise, is unacceptable  
  • The force had decided last week to take no further action over one offence 
  • Unnamed footballer arrested in North London on July 4 over rape allegations

A woman who accused a Premier League footballer of rape has been bombarded with abuse since the case was dropped, police said. 

Barnet Police said in a statement on Twitter that it was 'alarmed' to have been told that the woman was targeted after the force's decision last week to take no further action over one of the offences.  

'The force wrote: 'Following media reporting about the decision to take no further action (in relation to one offence) against a 29-yr-old man arrested in North London on 4 July on suspicion of rape, we’ve been alarmed to learn that the complainant in the case has been the subject of considerable abuse.

 'It can take courage to come forward to police. Those who do so deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, no matter the outcome of any subsequent investigation. Any abuse, online or otherwise, is unacceptable.

 'In this instance, no further action was taken because the relevant legislation had not yet come into effect at the time of the alleged offence.

 'This has been explained to the complainant who continues to be supported by officers.' 

Barnet Police said in a statement on Twitter that it was 'alarmed' to have been told that the woman was targeted (stock image)

Barnet Police said in a statement on Twitter that it was 'alarmed' to have been told that the woman was targeted (stock image)

Barnet Police said in a statement on Twitter that it was 'alarmed' to have been told that the woman was targeted (stock image)

The unnamed footballer was arrested on July 4, over rape allegations against a woman in her 20s in June.  

While in custody, he was further arrested, over allegations of raping a different woman in April and June 2021.  He denies the allegations. 

The Met Police had last week said that 'no further action' would be taken in relation to the June 2021 allegation.   

In a previous statement, Scotland Yard said: 'On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.

'It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022. On 4 July, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in North London on suspicion of rape and taken into custody. 

'While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.

 'No further action will be taken in relation to the offence in June 2021 but the investigation into the remaining offences is ongoing.

 'The man was initially bailed until a date in August but his bail has since been extended to a date in early October.'

The unnamed footballer was arrested in North London on July 4, over rape allegations against a woman in her 20s in June. While in custody, he was further arrested, over allegations of raping a different woman in April and June 2021. He denies the allegations (stock image)

The unnamed footballer was arrested in North London on July 4, over rape allegations against a woman in her 20s in June. While in custody, he was further arrested, over allegations of raping a different woman in April and June 2021. He denies the allegations (stock image)

اخلاء مسئولية! : هذا المحتوى لم يتم انشائة او استضافته بواسطة موقع اخبار الكورة و اي مسؤلية قانونية تقع على عاتق الموقع مصدر الخبر : dailymail.co.uk [1] , يتم جمع الاخبار عن طريق خدمة ال RSS المتاحة مجانا للجمهور من المصدر : dailymail.co.uk [1] مع الحفظ على حقوق الملكية الخاصة بمصدر الخبر.

إخترنا لك

أخبار ذات صلة

0 تعليق