Tragic toddler, three, drowned in the bath after switching the taps on at home, inquest hears

dailymail.co.uk [1] 0 تعليق 0 ارسل طباعة تبليغ حذف

A three-year-old girl drowned in a bath at her home after somehow managing to switch the taps on, an inquest has heard. 

Iris-Mae Aubrey was found unresponsive by her parents at their home on Montague Street in Abertillery on September 26, 2023.

An inquest at Gwent Coroner's Court today heard how Iris-Mae had become unwell at school on the day of her death and was collected by her grandmother who took her home. 

The grandmother then stayed with her and Iris-Mae's mother Chelsea until her father Ryan returned home from work that afternoon.

Iris-Mae Aubrey, three, tragically passed away after drowning in a bath at her home last year

Iris-Mae Aubrey, three, tragically passed away after drowning in a bath at her home last year

Iris-Mae Aubrey, three, tragically passed away after drowning in a bath at her home last year

Iris-Mae was found unresponsive by her parents at their home in Abertillery. Here she is pictured with her father Ryan

Iris-Mae was found unresponsive by her parents at their home in Abertillery. Here she is pictured with her father Ryan

Iris-Mae was given Calpol and slept on the couch before she vomited on her pyjamas later that night.

Her father ran her a bath upstairs and her mother then came up and checked the bath temperature, ensuring it was half-filled to her daughter's waist.

At around 8.25pm Chelsea left Iris-Mae and went downstairs to get her a towel and to tidy up. 

The inquest heard her mother would listen out as Iris-Mae would often call her to tell her she was ready to get out of the bath.

Gwent Coroner's Court, pictured, heard how Iris-Mae had managed to turn on the bath taps while she had been unattended

Gwent Coroner's Court, pictured, heard how Iris-Mae had managed to turn on the bath taps while she had been unattended

At approximately 8.50pm, around 25 minutes after she left her, Chelsea went upstairs and found the bath fully filled with her daughter inside.

She brought her out, began CPR and called emergency services. Paramedics from Wales Ambulance Service arrived at around 9pm and continued efforts to revive Iris-Mae but were unsuccessful and she was pronounced dead at 9.41pm.

Senior coroner Caroline Saunders said it appeared that Iris-Mae had managed to turn on the bath taps while she had been unattended.

Ms Saunders said this was a 'terrible event which will never leave' the family. She concluded that Iris-Mae had drowned after being left unattended and that her death was an accident.

اخلاء مسئولية! : هذا المحتوى لم يتم انشائة او استضافته بواسطة موقع اخبار الكورة و اي مسؤلية قانونية تقع على عاتق الموقع مصدر الخبر : dailymail.co.uk [1] , يتم جمع الاخبار عن طريق خدمة ال RSS المتاحة مجانا للجمهور من المصدر : dailymail.co.uk [1] مع الحفظ على حقوق الملكية الخاصة بمصدر الخبر.

أخبار ذات صلة

0 تعليق